Still from Six Windows In The Desert on Netflix
With this long lockdown, we’ve all ran out with things to do to keep our minds busy and entertained. The team at Abouther.com decided to put in place fun activities you can do at home to kill your boredom and even, challenge your creativity. Stay home & safe everyone!
1. Indulge in one (or all) of these traditional Saudi dishes.
@healthyliciousbysara / Instagram
Nothing like a kabseh feast for Ifar…
2. Binge watch one of these female-centric shows
Have you caught up on the latest Fleabag season yet?
3. Get crafty with these super cute DIY kits
They’ll more thoughtful and handcrafted gifts to your loved ones.
4. Bask in the artwork of talented Saudi artists
Ozla Art is the latest virtual exhibit you MUST see. We’re not playing favorites but we’ve got our eyes on Fatima Al Nemer’s incomparable work.
5. Are you a gamer? Raise money for charity in this online tournament.
6. Gift yourself a self-care night with Huda Kattan’s foolproof Thirst Trap mask
Thank us later!
7. Watch Maya Diab’s virtual concert
It’s an extraordinary 360 degree experience, you’ve been warned!
8. Burn some cals with these completely free online workouts
Squeeze in a sash or two in the weekend, you’ll need that endorphins boost.
9. Tired of those monotone Ramadan flicks? Check out these all-Saudi short films on Netflix.
Film still from Is Sumiyati Going to Hell? (2016)
It’s time to rep some good regional films!
10. Freshen up your Instagram timeline with Arab Girl With A Sign’s hilarious posts
11. Fan of iconic fashion looks? Revisit time with the best Met Gala looks ever created.
Cher wearing Bob Mackie, 1974
From Cher, to Princess Diana and Rihanna’s meme-worthy cape, you’re bound to get some quality throwback time
12. If you’re running out of ideas to entertain your kids (or yourself), check out TishTash’s lifesaving webinars.
The UAE-based PR agency has got a whole schedule for you!
13. Up your bookworm game and take part in this national reading challenge
Whether it’s some Paolo Coelho guilty pleasure or the latest in AI development, your read pages count towards a national goal. Read more here.
14. Discover the upbeat tunes of the region’s notoriously good female DJs
DJ Tala born out from Beirut’s eclectic club scene.
Dance like no one’s watching.
15. Get to know one of Saudi Arabia’s underrated coastal towns, Uqair.
A bit of a virtual escape.