How To Subscribe To The Weird Girl Aesthetic Trend
A comprehensive guide featuring different looks, products, and Y2K realness.
If you're on TikTok (or even scrolling through Instagram), you've probably noticed your feed filled with step-by-step tutorials on achieving the perfect makeup aesthetic.
This week, we're talking about the 'Weird Girl Aesthetic' makeup look. So what's it all about? Contrary to the previous trending 'Clean Girl' aesthetic look that consists of a flawless base, plump nude lips, flushed cheeks, and a perfect glow, the 'Weird Girl'aesthetic takes a stand on being loud and real.
Watsons, Asia's vibrant and much-loved beauty concept store in the UAE, has compiled these top looks and product picks to experiment with to nail the Weird Girl Aesthetic beauty look. You can shop the products on their website.
School Girl On The Block!
Recreate your favourite hairstyles and makeup look with a cyberpunk twist. Think braids, pigtails, high ponies, space buns, and loud, vibrant eyes to amp up the look.
- Isadora Brow Powder Pen 05 Medium Brown 1.13g AED75
- Schwarzkopf got2b Glued Spiking Glue Hair Wax 150ml AED 35
- Rude Fairy Tale Book 3 Eyeshadow Palette Best Selling Fairytale - 35 shades AED 110
- Superdrug Flat Hair Ties Black & Gold 6pcs AED 19
Keep it natural and blushed! Consider using a light concealer on problem areas followed by a cream blush and a natural lip or gloss. For those opting for a monochromatic look, apply your favourite, natural colour cream lipstick to the lips, the bridge of your nose, and cheeks for a sweet, blushed look. Finish with some highlights and a few swigs of mascara on your top and bottom lashes and you're ready to go.
- Rude Sculpting Full Coverage Concealer Tan 9g AED 16
- Milani Cheek Kiss Blush 140 Rose Romance 10.8ml AED 62
- Girlactik Matte Lip Paint Liquid Lipstick Bashful 7.5ml AED 109
- Hank & Henry Lip Lustre Gloss Side Chick 4ml AED 109
A key part of nailing the 'Weird Girl Aesthetic' is taking it to the max! This includes layering up on bobby pins, rainbow clips, and wearing your hair up for a cuter look. Layer it with a bright eyeshadow game – the quirkier, the better!
- Rude Manga Anime Book 2 Eyeshadow Palette Japanese Anime - 25 shades AED 110
- Holika Holika Waterdrop Tint Bomb Lip Tint 03 Orange Water 9ml AED 59
- Hank & Henry Teddy Eyeshadow Palette 1.8g x 9 AED 129
- Hank And Henry Eyeshadow Palette Living in Colour - 9 shades AED 159
Last but not least, it's all in the nails! A simple base coat colour will be enough to start, either natural tone or coloured. To go louder with your nails, stick gems and nail stickers to your heart's content - that's the beauty of the weird girl aesthetic. Finish with a clear top coat and you're good to go.
- Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Colour 08 Cherie Cherry 9ml AED 45
- Sally Hansen Complete Care 7-in-1 Nail Treatment Base Coat & Top Coat 13.3ml AED 52
- Deborah Milano Formula Pura Nail Strengthening Enamel 8.5ml AED 20
- Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish Nail Colour by Rita Ora 270 Sweet Retreat 8ml AED 10