Shopping when you’re a plus size doesn’t mean you need to bypass those fabulous chic and on-trend pieces that instantly caught your eye. As well as a growing number of brands embracing inclusive sizing, there are some tricks to keep up your sleeve while looking for the perfect picks to hug your gorgeous curves. Whatever your shape or size, it’s always possible to look great in a variety of styles, from jeans, and suits to dresses, when you know which cuts and silhouettes to look out for. In addition to looking uber stylish, dressing right can help you feel happy and confident, which is, after all, what really matters.
Here are six top tips from the experts at Max, the trusted value fashion brand that caters to the region and beyond.
1. When gunning for a casual look, reach out for a straight-leg pair of trousers that lengthens your bottom half. When it comes to choosing the top, a peplum option is flattering on curvy frames. Alternatively, an eye-catching print and puffed sleeves draw the eye upwards and help balance things out.
2. Invest in a top that elongates the torso and defines your natural waist. It will instantly become your new favourite go-to piece to flatter your top half. Consider a floral printed top with bishop sleeves, which looks perfect paired with a pair of jeans, and you are good to go.
3. Finding the perfect pair of jeans is a challenging job for anyone. However, there is a denim shopping saviour that makes it much easier, and that is to pick out a high-waisted option. They simply look good on everybody, and this certainly includes curvy figures.
4. There are a few silhouettes that are universally flattering and that includes midi wrap dresses, which make you look taller while emphasising the waist to flatter your figure. The midi length seriously draws out your legs, especially when paired with pointed-toe pumps.
5. Singling out anything that accentuates your waist is another golden rule to remember while including new additions to your wardrobe. Incorporating flattering belts and ties into dresses, pants (mid-rise palazzos we see you) or skirts (think maxi A-line) is one of the best ways to enhance your profile. This is because they structure your top half.
6. One of the most common mistakes curvy women make is to hide their figures with loose clothing. Wearing clothes that fit exactly right so those curves show is actually a far better way to go about looking uber elegant. Heading to your tailor, who can help you get that perfect fit, can help turn the heat up even more.