In response to the shattering pandemic, Saudi Aramco, the world's largest listed company, not only announced profits of $17 billion in the first quarter of 2020 but has managed to safeguard the health of its community of 70,000 people.
Excellence, flexibility, and resilience are our core strengths. They give us a unique ability to weather challenging times.— Aramco (@Aramco) May 12, 2020
Our President & CEO’s comments on the latest earnings results #AramcoResults pic.twitter.com/7S5mD4g4zV
Here are some of the ways the worldclass company is dealing with the coronavirus pandemic and giving back.
1. Aramco has put in place in its many locations different measures, which include active prevention programmes, detailed contingency plans, and leading medical support services to minimise risk of infection and ensure the best possible care.
2. Work from home directives have been implemented whenever possible, including for employees with vulnerable conditions. All in line with social distancing instructions issued by authorities in each Aramco location.
3. Staff security is also insured for those present in the facilities. Sterilization, social distancing, and thermal screenings are all measures taken to reduce the chances of virus infection in the Aramco community.
4. John Hopkins Aramco Healthcare headquarters in Dharhan carried out a company-wide health awareness campaign where employees receive day-to-day updates on COVID-19 and guidance on what they should do in case they experience symptoms.
JHAH Launches Domestic Abuse Support Line:— مـ ر كـ ز جـ و نـ ز هـ و بـ كـ نـ ز أرامكو الطبي (@JHAHNews) May 12, 2020
As part of our special measures to help our community during #COVID19, JHAH offers support and counseling by professionally trained staff for those affected by #DomesticAbuse issues. For more information, visit https://t.co/vLM2o3ONJY pic.twitter.com/Yp2lC61kYZ
5. In its many branches, Aramco has been assisting frontline workers on the ground with much-needed medical equipment such as ventilators, high-efficiency air purifiers, and Personal Protective Equipment.
6. $53 million were donated to Saudi Arabia's Health Endowment Fund of the Ministry of Health of Saudi Arabia to support efforts to combat COVID-19. Other donations have also been made to funds in the regions Aramco operates in. What's more is that Aramco employees have also raised $1.7 million, a figure doubled by the company, amounting to over $3.4 million to supply essentials to more than 20,000 vulnerable households across Saudi Arabia, as part of its Stay Home Stay Safe donation campaign.
7. The staff of AramcoWorld magazine published educational resources for teachers and curious students all over the world.
8. Because mental health is as important as physical health, Aramco sent out Mental Health Tool Kits for people in isolation or quarantine. The online kits provide step by step guides to support your wellbeing and improve your emotional health during these trying times.