Via Bigger Bolder Baking
We may have plenty of free time on our hands right now but some of us are lazy and still want the EASIEST cookies recipes out there. This no-oven recipe will make for a wholesome breakfast or the perfect afternoon snack coupled with a fresh brew of kahwa. Bonus points go to the fact that these cookies fall on the healthy side of things: they’re gluten-free, low sugar, vegan, and super mega nutritious, you get the point. All you need is 4 ingredients and of course an appetite for all-things sweet. Enjoy *chef’s kiss* !
- 1 cup of oats (don’t grind!)
- ¼ cup of peanut butter which is equivalent to 4 tablespoons (you can use less or substitute it with another nut butter)
- 1 banana (ripe is easier to mash)
- Chocolate chips (dark, milk, or white and as much as you want - we’ve always followed this motto: the darker, the richer the taste)
The prep time of his fun recipe will take you between 5 to 10 minutes and will make 8 or 9 cookies.
- Mash the banana to get a near liquid consistency
- Add your nut butter and mix
- Pour gradually your oats as you mix
- Cut your chocolate tablet into small chunks (if you don’t have chocolate chips around)
- Add them to the mixture
- Mix all the ingredients together until you get a cookie dough consistency
- Scoop out some dough from your mix, roll it into a ball, and flatten it into a circle (a spoon can come in handy in this step)
- Place them all on a microwave safe plate
- Put those babies in the microwave for a minute
- Enjoy the smell and you can cook them for an additional 15 seconds.
- Take them out of the microwave, let them rest (we know it’s hard and tempting not too)
- Make some coffee to pair and DIG IN.