Remembering The Swinging 60s, A Photo Series
An homage to this golden era in popular culture!
With the beginning of a new decade, we could use some retrospective! Mad Men fans, you’re gonna love this one. We’re time-traveling to the 60s and paying tribute to some of our favorite style icons and pop culture moments in London, Paris, and New York.
This decade witnessed some earthshaking talent like The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, and Bob Dylan, to name a few. As for fashion, we’ll forever take Warholian cues from Brigitte Bardot, Jane Birkin, Eddie Sedgwick, and Twiggy. In the West, the 60s altered social changes, more women joined the workforce and integrated men-dominated fields. Without further ado, buckle up and let’s take you down a trip down memory lane.
1. The incredible Julie Andrews in The Sound Of Music (1965)
A movie that’s bingeable to this minute and a film still that birthed so many memes.
2. Twiggy rocking her signature eye look
A street style pioneer and resting b*tch face icon.
3. The handsome Steve McQueen in a muscle car from the movie Bullitt (1968)
Forever our #MCM.
4. The Supremes with Diana Ross rehearsing for a TV show (1965)
They left us no choice but to bow down.
5. Brigitte Bardot and models (1967)
She basically invented Instagram posing...
6. Jane Birkin and Serge Gainsbourg (1968)
The only time PDA was valid in history.
7. Beatle fans at a Variety Club function
And you thought Twitter fandoms are the most extra.
8. Keith Richards and Mick Jagger
60s boy band hair is something else.
9. Twiggy choosing outfits
We’re rooting for the red dress though.
10. Audrey Hepburn
The only one that could pull an all-white look.