If you don’t know what this tantalizing meal is, you’re missing out on a chance to let your taste buds explode. This recipe isn’t too simple, however, it’s worth the time and effort. Read on for an unforgettable culinary experience.
Mandi Rice with Meat
- 3 cups basmati rice (soaked for 30 minutes)
- 1 kilo meat chunks (cut in large pieces)
- ½ teaspoon cumin (grounded)
- 2 onions (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 cups hot water
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 6 cloves garlic (mashed)
- 4 tomatoes (mashed)
- 2 laurel leaves
- 1 dried lime
- 2 chili green pepper finely chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon cloves (ground)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves cardamom
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- ½ cup lemon juice
To prepare the rice:
- Heat the butter in a saucepan, and add 3 onions, stir-fry for a few minutes and then add the mashed garlic.
- When the onion and garlic ‘s color change, add a glass of water with cinnamon sticks, cumin, laurel leaves, dried lime, green chili, cardamom and salt.
- Continue to stir-fry for 3 minutes, add the mashed tomatoes and stir again.
- Place the rice and water over the previous ingredients.
- Cover the pot with two aluminum foil sheets and tighten the edges, then make some holes in them using a knife or wooden skewer.
- Heat the oven at 200°C.
To prepare the meat:
- Spice lamb meat with chopped onion, mashed garlic, salt, black pepper, spices and saffron.
- Pour the lemon juice over it.
- Place the meat chunks on top of the pot wrapped in the two aluminum sheets.
- Repeat the wrapping process with the meat chunks using another aluminum foil sheet and place the pot in the oven for about half an hour.
- Turn off the heat and remove the upper aluminum foil, then heat the upper oven element and cook until the meat is done.
- Place the meat aside, and remove the remaining aluminum foil.
- Shake the rice lightly until the color mixes, then place it in a serving dish with meat chunks over it.
- Serve with Dakkous sauce.