While we all love a visit to the hair dresser’s with all the pampering, chit chatting, magazines and of course walking out feeling like a superstar, our busy lives can often make those visits impossible. And with the tight holiday schedule of shopping, decorating and cooking for that party on top of our normal everyday lives, it’s even less likely for us to find enough time in December.
Thankfully, Nicolas Hallak, a renowned hair professional and the co-owner of Dubai’s Nicolas & Jean Beauty Salon, shares how you can create two fantastic Hollywood looking styles right at home.
Big and Beautiful
Whether you’re the belle of the ball or hostess of the night, whatever your holiday party plans, a good blow-dry can easily complete your red carpet, Hollywood glam look. You can really make a statement with big, beautiful hair.
- Go big and bold by blow-drying your hair upside down to create lots of volume and life
- Add a little volumising spray before drying and then flick your head back once it’s dry for extra effect
Parisian Chic – Le Chignon
Audrey Hepburn and Elizabeth Taylor were amongst the many style icons who became synonymous for showcasing one version of the classic chignon. Until today, one can never underestimate the power of a good chignon to create a simple, yet chic look. Perfect for a formal party this season, this is one sophisticated look that will never go out of style!
- Start the look with a good blow dry
- Once dry, part your hairline down the middle and tie it in a ponytail
- Twirl it into a low bun and secure with bobby pins, finish off with some hairspray to make sure it will last all night long.
Note: For an extra fancy do, flip your chignon inside out by pulling a gap in the middle of your hair just above the chignon. Tuck the chignon inside the gap and back out from the bottom. The result will look like hours of hair styling went into this and others will be so impressed you pulled this off!
Images: REX Shutterstock