1. You are your own greatest asset and it is time you started showing you more love, giving yourself more care, investing more time, energy, and money in you, and believing wholeheartedly in you.
2. “No” is not as scary as you think. To say no and to hear no can be difficult to do but sometimes it is necessary and it isn’t the end of the world.
3. It’s okay to not always be in control and to not always be right. The ones who matter the most in your journey towards growth and who care for you will respect you when you own up to your mistakes.
4. It’s not always about you. There are terrible people in the world who will say and do terrible things, and the best thing you can do is ignore it and rise above it.
5. Don’t lose sight of who you are and what truly matters. When you’re having a bad day, week, month, you may focus on petty things and complain about them. Always make sure to stop, breathe, and ask yourself if it really matters.
6. Yes, life can be tough, but so are you. If you really think about it, you have already overcome so many challenges, bad days, and failures. So, a few new ones won’t stop you from moving forward as you always have. Take each day as it comes.
7. Tell the people you love how much you appreciate them. Call your parents often to check on them and don’t be too proud to ask them for advice. Make sure to give attention and care to those you love. Actions and genuine words can go a long way.
8. Count your blessings, trash your troubles. When life gets you down, and it will, always stand firm, look yourself in the mirror, and list the best things about yourself and your life. Focus on what you have, not what you don’t.