Hold on a minute, so Selena Gomez can actually buy a vacation home from one Instagram post? Dubai-based Huda Kattan also proves she’s a force to be reckoned with on the Instagram Rich List.
The first-ever Instagram Rich List has been published, and the list compiled by Hopper IQ reveals Instagram titans like Selena Gomez can earn a whopping $550,000 per post. The list proves monetising selfies on Insta can literally turn into a multimillion-dollar business. Seeing the amount of serious cash the visual-based social media app can rake in, perhaps it’s time to hold off uploading those food pics and stalking frenemies and start Googling how to start upping our Instagram game!
Whether they were already mega rich or shrewdly knew how to make a fortune through their online presence, Instagram has helped make these stars wealthy beyond their wildest dreams. The product endorsements and sponsorship deals they are making prove how effective the social media platform can be as a marketing tool. The Hopper IQ ranking names the top 20 figures, which they compiled using a mix of internal data and publicly available information. And the Instagram scheduling site divided the list into celebrities and influencers. “In the last couple of years influencers and celebrities have really caught on to the fact that endorsing brands on Instagram pays off, and as you can see from our Rich Lists, there is a serious amount of money to be made, ” Mike Bandar, Co-Founder of HopperHQ.com, said.
The Celebrity List
In the celebrity camp, pop princess Selena Gomez has been named as the highest earner due to her ability to make $550,000 per Instagram post. The “Bad Liar” singer is also the most followed person on the photo-sharing app with 122 million followers. Kim Kardashian West, who has 100 million followers and is able to make $500,000 per post, closely follows her. Portuguese football player Christiano Ronaldo, who earns $400,000, nabs the third spot. Then it seems every single member of the Kardashian-Jenner clan have made it onto the celebrity list with Kylie Jenner, Kendall Jenner, Khloe Kardashian and Kourtney Kardashian holding the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh spots respectively. Cara Delevingne comes in eighth place as she can make up to $150,000 while posting to her 40.4m followers. And another one of our favourite models, Gigi Hadid, can earn $120,000, putting her ahead of basketball legend LeBron James, who rouunds up the list.
OMGGGG finally! A collaboration that I've been working on for almost a year, and I can finally announce it! @tweezerman is a brand I've been using for over 15 years and their tweezers are the BEST! You guys know how obsessed I am with my brows, and I really wanted to create the cutest essentials kit for everyone to use. This collab has been my absolute favorite and I'm so excited to finally share this with you guys! The #TweezermanXHudaBeauty collab launches July 10th on sephora.com and tweezerman.com We are checking the comments to see who guessed the collaboration & will announce the winners as soon as we have checked all the comments.
The Influencer List
Dubai-based beauty authority Huda Kattan tops the social media influencer list. The interesting thing is that Kattan is not a pop or movie star, but manages to keep a staggering 20.5 beauty lovers happy with her tips and trends. According to Hopper IQ, she earns up to $18,000 per sponsored Instagram post. Directly after her comes actor, model and singer Cameron Dallas, who just happens to be dating Hailey Baldwin. The Internet sensation, who is prominent on Vine and YouTube, can make $17,000 per post. Third place is reserved for Jen Selter, the American celebrity and fitness model known for her large buttocks. Selter, who has an impressive 11.3m Instagram fan base, can make $15,000 per post. Then there’s British beauty blogger Zoe Sugg aka Zoella, who is said to earn $14,000. The English fashion and beauty vlogger, YouTuber and author also makes a lot of money from her beauty range, Zoella Beauty. Other influential figures included in the list are Nash Grier and our preferred Italian fashion guru, Chiara Ferragni. “The Blonde Salad” blogger can net $12,000 per post. Julie Sarinara, Aimee Song, Danielle Bernstein and Liz Eswein also make the top ten 10 cut.
Celebrity Instagram Rich List:
- Selena Gomez – 122 million followers – $550,000 per post
- Kim Kardashian – 100 million followers – $500,000 per post
- Cristiano Ronaldo – 104 million followers – $400,000 per post
- Kylie Jenner – 95 million followers – $400,000 per post
- Kendall Jenner – 81.7 million followers – $370,000 per post
- Khloe Kardashian – 68 million followers – $250,000 per post
- Kourtney Kardashian – 57.8 million followers – $250,000 per post
- Cara Delevingne – 40.4 million followers – $150,000 per post
- Gigi Hadid 34.7 million followers – $120,000 per post
- LeBron James – 30.7 million followers – $120,000 per post
Influencer Instagram Rich List:
- Huda Kattan – 20.5 million followers – $18,000 per post
- Cameron Dallas – 19.8 million followers – $17,000 per post
- Jen Selter – 11.3 million followers – $15,000 per post
- Zoella – 11.1 million followers – $14,000 per post
- Nash Grier – 10.2 million followers – $13,000 per post
- Chiara Ferragni – 9.7 million followers – $12,000 per post
- Julie Sarinara – 4.6 million followers – $10,000 per post
- Aimee Song – 4.6 million followers – $9,000 per post
- Danielle Bernstein – 1.7 million followers – $7,000 per post
- Liz Eswein – 1.3 million followers – £6,000 per post